Leather is one of the most durable materials a sneaker can be crafted from. It naturally breathes and mold to the shape of the wearer, creating a customized comfortable fit. This material is already semi-water resistant, but it’s best to protect shoes with either a wax based shoe cream or a water & stain repellent.
Leather Sneakers We Love:
- JORDANS- Air Jordan 1
- NIKE- Nike Air Force 1
- ADIDAS- Stan Smith, Superstar
X Smooth Leather & High Shine Sneaker Cleaner Kit
X Sneaker Cleaner with Ready-Foam Pump
X Water & Stain Repellant
X All-Purpose Brush
X Midsole Brush
X Sneaker Dauber
FootFitter Shoe Cream, Neutral
(2) X Ultrasoft Microfiber Shoe Cleaning Cloths
Be sure to spot test all brushes and cleaners on an inconspicuous area before coating the entire shoe.
- Remove Laces. To clean your laces, go here.
- Wipe away loose dirt and debris with an X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth.
- Add 1 pump of X Sneaker Cleaner onto X Midsole Brush.
NEED TO CLEAN BOTTOM SOLES?: See our special guide here.
- Begin brushing portions of sole attached to the upper with back-and forth motion using medium pressure. Be mindful of upper material.
- Use clean side of X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth to wipe off the foamy cleaner.
- Add 2-3 pumps of X Sneaker Cleaner onto X All Purpose Brush.
- Begin brushing over sneaker using circular motions with light pressure.
- 7a. If spots still remain, apply one pump of X Sneaker Cleaner onto clean X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth. Rub stains with medium pressure using circular motions.
- Use clean side of X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth to wipe off the foamy cleaner. Set aside.
- Allow shoes to dry.
For A High Shine Finish
- Dab FootFitter Shoe Cream onto X Detailing Sneaker Dauber.** Be sure to spot test Shoe Cream on inconspicuous area of shoe before use.
- Apply to sneakers using a soft, circular motion. Areas with deeper scuffs and scratches may require medium pressure. Be sure sneaker is evenly coated.
- Allow Shoe Cream to absorb into material for 5 minutes.
- Use a clean X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cleaning Cloth to remove excess Shoe Cream. To achieve a high shine, buff shoes vigorously with cloth.
- Shoe Cream will leave behind a water resistant layer to protect from dirt and stains.
For A Matte Shine Finish
- Allow shoes to dry completely before evenly coating with X Water & Stain Repellent.