Mix Material shoes can be tricky. The most popular combination we see are leather or canvas uppers accented with Suede. Sometimes rubber accents or mesh/knit sections are featured, too! So how do you get those bad boys squeaky clean? With TLC, of course.
Mixed Material Sneakers We Love:
- NIKE- Air Max 270
- VANS- Sk8-Hi
Be sure to spot test all brushes and cleaners on an inconspicuous area before coating the entire shoe.
** First, identify which materials are used on your shoe. Take special note of details like thin suede accents that may be surrounding edges of the sneaker.
- Remove Laces. To clean your laces, go here.
- Wipe away loose dirt and debris with an X Ultrasoft Microfiber Towel.
- Add 1 pump of X Sneaker Cleaner onto X Midsole Brush.
NEED TO CLEAN BOTTOM SOLES?: See our special guide here.
- Begin brushing portions of sole attached to the upper with back-and forth motion using medium pressure. Be mindful of upper material.
XPERT TIP: If your sneaker has areas of the outer soles that are too narrow for a brush, Apply a half pump of X Sneaker Cleaner to X Microfiber Towel. Gently wipe narrow areas using fingertip to apply pressure.
- Use clean side of X Ultrasoft Microfiber Towel to wipe off the foamy cleaner. Set towel aside.
- Apply 1 pump of X Sneaker Cleaner to a clean X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth.
- Apply medium pressure with your fingertip, use small circular motions.
- Wipe away excess foam with a clean section of Microfiber towel.
- Allow shoes to dry.
- Dab X Sneaker Dauber into FootFitter Shoe Cream, then apply to sneaker using a soft circular motion.
- Allow Shoe Cream to absorb into material for 5 minutes before buffing away with a clean X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth.
- Use X Suede & Nubuck Eraser to gently rub over stains and scuffs. Repeat as needed.
- If stains remain, brush away all Eraser particles.
- Apply half pump of X Sneaker Cleaner to a clean X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth.
XPERT TIP: Some colored suede may bleed when in contact with liquid cleaner. Slight color transfer to your cloth is expected. Do NOT saturate the cloth with cleaner.
- Apply light pressure to stain. Increase pressure if necessary. Use your judgement and be mindful of surrounding materials to prevent color transfer.
- Allow Suede sections to air dry.
- Once completely dry, gently brush over with X Suede & Nubuck Eraser to revive nap.
- Apply half pump of X Sneaker Cleaner to X Detailing Dauber.
- Use small circular motions to gently brush over knit or mesh areas.
- Allow treated areas to air dry.
- Apply 1 pump of X Sneaker Cleaner to clean X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth.
- Wipe over rubber using gentle pressure.
- Use a circular buffing motion if rubber is scuffed.
- Wipe away excess foam with a clean section of X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth.