Suede and Nubuck are delicate, softer forms of leather. These materials are crafted from the underside of the hide. Both carry a soft, velvety texture characterized by a collection of fibers known as the nap. Suede can be a tricky material to keep clean as the nap can trap dirt and debris.
Suede Sneakers We Love:
- NIKE - Blazer
- REEBOK- Suede Classics
X Suede & Nubuck Sneaker Cleaner Kit
X Sneaker Cleaner with Ready-Foam Pump
X Water & Stain Repellant
X All-Purpose Sneaker Brush
X Midsole Sneaker Brush
X Detailing Sneaker Dauber
X Suede and Nubuck Eraser
(2) X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloths
Be sure to spot test all brushes and cleaners on an inconspicuous area before coating the entire shoe.
- Remove Laces. To clean your laces, go here.
- Brush away loose dirt and debris with X Detailing and Sneaker Dauber.
- Add 1 pump of X Sneaker Cleaner onto X Midsole Brush.
NEED TO CLEAN BOTTOM SOLES?: See our special guide here.
- Begin brushing portions of sole attached to the upper with back-and-forth motion using medium pressure. Be mindful of upper material.
- Use clean side of X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth to wipe off the foamy cleaner. Set towel aside.
- Use the X Suede & Nubuck Eraser and apply to stains or dirt marks. Rub gently, using a back-and-forth motion. Increase pressure for hard to remove blemishes. NEVER use the eraser on wet fabric to prevent damage to the nap.
- To remove loose eraser dust and dirt particles, gently brush over shoes with the X All-Purpose Sneaker Cleaning Brush.
- For a completely refreshed look, gently rub the eraser over the entire surface of the shoe to revive nap.
Follow Steps 1-7 to lighten tougher spots or stains.
Be sure to spot test X Sneaker Cleaner on your shoe before coating entire shoe.
- Add one pump of the X Sneaker Cleaner onto the brush and apply to stained area. Brush over entire shoe if needed using gentle pressure.
- Once you’re done, gently wipe sneaker with the X Ultrasoft Microfiber Cloth.
- Allow fabric to dry completely before using X Suede & Nubuck Eraser to revive nap.